1. Name: Merrick Jamison-Smythe
2. Age: 35
3. Height: 6’ish
4. Eye color: ?
5. Physical appearance: ?
6. Strange or unique physical attributes: ?
7. Favorite clothing style/outfit: Severe. Mostly blacks. He doesn’t think very hard about what he wears. Mostly it needs to be easy to move in.
8. Where does he or she live? What is it like there? Merrick has no proper home. He is currently living in a warehouse which the Watcher’s Council has rented for him to use as a training facility.
9. Defining gestures/movements (i.e., curling his or her lip when he or she speaks, always keeping his or her eyes on the ground, etc.): None.
10. Things about his or her appearance he or she would most like to change: Merrick doesn’t think much about his appearance.
11. Speaking style (fast, talkative, monotone, etc.): Slow, deliberate.
12. Pet peeves: ?
13. Fondest memory: ?
14. Hobbies/interests: None
15. Special skills/abilities: He has extensive training in parapsychology and cryptozoology. He is well-versed in the lore of vampires and demons. He understands many fighting styles, but is not gifted in them.
16. Insecurities: The first slayer he trained died within a year of being called, at Lothos’s hand. He constantly ponders how he might have saved her.
17. Quirks/eccentricities: He seems to be missing his sense of humor.
18. Temperament (easygoing, easily angered, etc.): Even and slow to get frustrated, but look out when he finally gets mad.
19. Negative traits: Inflexible
20. Things that upset him or her: Knowing that no matter how well he trains a slayer, he can’t effectively stand in her place.
21. Things that embarrass him or her: Attempts at humor
22. Things this character really cares about: Saving the world.
23. Any phobias? His slayers dying.
24. Things that make him or her happy: Very little.
25. Family (describe): Like many watchers, Merrick was raised in a family of watchers. His parents had high expectations of him. He is an only child.
26. Deepest, darkest secret: ?
27. Reason he or she kept this secret for so long: ?
28. Other people’s opinions of this character (What do people like about this character? What do they dislike about this character?): At best, they find him stiff and awkward. At worst, downright creepy.
29. Favorite bands/songs/type of music: Classical music, especially lighter stuff
30. Favorite movies: He doesn’t have any particular favorites.
31. Favorite TV shows: He doesn’t watch any currently.
32. Favorite foods: ?
33. Favorite sports/sports teams: He likes soccer but doesn’t prefer any team in particular.
34. Political views: Merrick sees political struggles as trivial compared to the constant battle between good and evil.
35. Religion/philosophy: See political views.
36. Dream vacation: He doesn’t think about it.
37. Description of his or her house: An abandoned warehouse. There is a small room where Merrick sleeps. He has a cot there, a small kitchen, a restroom. He lives a sparse life but he does utilize technology to keep in touch with the council.
38. Description of his or her bedroom: See #37.
39. Any pets? No
40. Best thing that has ever happened to this character: Being chosen to be a Watcher the first time.
41. Worst thing that has ever happened to this character: When his first Slayer died.
42. Superstitions: When you’re already aware of the darkness in the world, superstitions seem ridiculous.
43. Three words to describe this character: Serious Critical Morose
44. If a song played every time this character walked into the room, what song would it be? I’m not sure yet.